Customer Service Representative I - 18 Hours per week - Live Oak
The Customer Service Representative I is primarily responsible for performing check out procedures, assisting customers and assisting in sorting, pricing and arranging the items in the Thrift Store in a suitable manner for marketing to the public.
The Customer Service Representative is directly responsible to the Thrift Store Manager.
This position is eligible for overtime pay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are given as examples of the various types of work performed in this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Operates cash registers in a professional manner.
- Assists customers promptly and courteously.
- Ensures cleanliness in the store.
- Sorts, cleans, and prices merchandise to be sold.
- Displays merchandise in a pleasing and marketable manner.
- Represents the Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches and Sheriffs Ranches Enterprises in a positive manner to donors, customers, and the general public and provides exceptional customer service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The person filling this position must have a high school diploma or GED.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each area of responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively with individuals and small groups.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
- Must have the ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have a working knowledge of cash register and general office equipment.
- Must have the ability to meet customers and/or donors in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Must have a working knowledge of retail store operations, including sales, customer service, inventory, and pricing.
- Must have the ability to produce a high quantity and quality of work.
- Must have the ability to plan and organize work and meet deadlines.
The physical requirements described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, while regularly standing, walking, sitting, listening, talking, using hands/fingers, climbing or balancing, and reaching with hands and arms.
The employee is required to regularly lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision requirements for this position include close, distance, color and peripheral vision.
Work is generally performed in a retail sales environment. The employee regularly works in wet, humid, outdoor conditions and occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate in nature.
This is a part-time position/18 hours per week. $10.00 hourly.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Open until filled.
WE ARE A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.